Return to: Blog
LNT & Giving Tuesday 2020
November 19, 2020
Lost Nation Theater is happily participating in Giving Tuesday 2020.
Giving Tuesday is a day of world-wide giving that celebrates all those little acts of kindness, of generosity, of caring that we can each individually do, so that collectively we can do a lot to care for our community, the world, and each-other.
Since its inception, and even more actively since making its home within Montpelier City Hall, Lost Nation Theater has been a professional theater committed to community.
That commitment has taken many forms over the years, and as we try to keep up with the challenges presented by this world-wide pandemic, we continue to evolve.
- Helping to raise the needed funds to renovate City Hall Auditorium into an Arts Center and multi-purpose gathering space,
- Partnering with other non-profits (like the Humane Society to get dogs adopted during Sylvia; racial justice issues & initiatives during Hairspray and Having Our Say, for example),
- Lending equipment/costumes to school theater programs,
- Sharing stanchions & other theater equipment in order to help City Hall direct traffic and promote social distancing,
- Providing the sound system for "#bringingJoytothePolls",
- Providing free private coaching for students & other free virtual events.
So - in the spirit of Giving Tuesday, the spirit of this time of year, and LNT's longstanding commitment to being a good neighbor- our Board of Directors has decided LNT will share any donations we receive on Giving Tuesday 2020 with CIRCLE.
(This also offers a little tribute to the theme of our postponed 2020 season - which was to celebrate women and the accomplishments of women in honor of the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment.)
Our community has been there for us. And we want to pass it on!
CIRCLE is a nonprofit that advocates for and serves victims and survivors of domestic & sexual assault. LNT has partnered with CIRCLE before (they've been a beneficiary of our Vagina Monologues performances), and we know how great an organization it is.
You may remember that Lost Nation Theater premiered and helped to develop David Budbill's epic play "Little Acts of Kindness" back in 1993.
It seems only fitting then that we keep generating 'little acts of kindness' ourselves.
There are many ways to give and get involved:
You can make a financial donation. (Click here or snail mail a check to LNT: 39 Main ST, City Hall, Montpelier VT 05602)
You can become an LNT Volunteer for when we can actually gather again at Lost Nation Theater. (sign up here)
You can be an LNT Thank You Volunteer, helping to call the folks who've donated to LNT for Giving Tuesday, or other campaigns, and thank them. (register here)
You can Amplify LNT's message, by sharing with friends, family via email, on your front porch forum, or your personal social media page.
Thanks for helping to make it happen!