Theater is an effective force and catalyst for Personal and Community Transformation. It provides opportunities for empathetic interaction with others, development of self-discipline, and mastery of specific skills.
LNT Productions and Programs are Characterized by:
- Intimate, human-scale events
- Poetic texts, rich and heightened language
- Integrated use of original music with text
- Hopeful, positive statements about the possibilities of human interaction
- Relevance to Community, social or political issues
Criteria for Play Selection:
- Well-crafted, poetic language or images
- Fitting and feasible to available resources — technical and artistic
- Sensitive to gender-issues (or able to be done in a revisionist way)
- Offers more than just an indictment of people and situations
- It excites us!
LNT’s typical annual season will include one original production, a small cast (cabaret-style) musical, a balanced mix of lighter and darker dramas and comedies.
Commitment to Community is fundamental to Lost Nation: The Theater with Heart in the Heart of Vermont.