Frequently Asked Questions
- Before attending camp you should make sure you have paid and filled out the registration form for your camper.
You should also look online and see if there is a summary or a movie version of the show you can watch with your child to give them a jump start on knowing what the play is about.
What time is camp?
- Our half day camps run from 9am to Noon
- Our full day camps run from 9am to 4pm (with the Musical Theater advanced camp running 9am-5pm).
*** Please note parents will be asked to stay for approx. 10 minutes the first day of camp to fill out paperwork ***
What does my child need to bring to camp?
- Your camper should bring indoor shoes, lunch, 2-3 healthy snacks, a notebook, a pencil, their script, and a good attitude.
- Additionally, it's good to dress in layers.
Who do I call if I need to contact my child during camp?
- If you need to contact your child during camp you can call the theater at (802) 229-0492 or the stage manager's direct line if provided by staff.
What should I know about the performance?
- Performances for the Intermediate camps take place at 5:30 on the last day of camp. On this day you should pack an extra meal for your child as they will not be allowed to leave between camp and the performance.
- Performances for the Intense camps take place as noted in the information sheet you receive at the beginning of camp.
- Performances take place at Lost Nation Theater, Montpelier City Hall Arts Center
- Into Camps do not have public performances, but they do have "Sharing Presentations" for family and friends to provide a performance experience, without the extra pressure. Sharing presentations are typically scheduled for the last 30-45 minutes of the camp's final day and are followed by a small party and awards ceremony.
Who is supervising my child?
- Each camp has 1-3 instructors in addition to the Lost Nation Theater staff.
All Lost Nation Theater staff is First Aid/CPR trained and certified,
Kathleen Keenan is the designated safety officer for LNT.
Does any previous theatrical experience have to have been with Lost Nation Theater?
- For camps requiring previous experience, it does not have to be with LNT. Equivalent training from other programs or schools is sufficient.
Are Scholarships Available?
Yes. Lost Nation Theater offers scholarship assistance and barter opportunities.
Please complete the scholarship form: http://lostnationtheater.org/youth-scholarship-form/ to help us determine the amount of scholarship for which yor family may be eligible.
Assistance is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
When is Payment Needed and is there a Refund Policy?
50% Non-refundable deposit required.
Any Balance Due two weeks prior to 1st day of workshop.
All Sales Final!
There are no refunds once classes begin.
Prior to start date, partial refunds may be available with cancellation in keeping with a time-sensitive sliding scale.
All Sales Final!