Frequently Asked Questions
- Before attending camp you should make sure you have paid and filled out the registration form for your camper.
You should also look online and see if there is a summary or a movie version of the show you can watch with your child to give them a jump start on knowing what the play is about.
What time is camp?
- Our half day camps run from 9am to Noon
- Our full day camps run from 9am to 4pm (with the Musical Theater advanced camp running 9am-5pm).
*** Please note parents will be asked to stay for approx. 10 minutes the first day of camp to fill out paperwork ***
What does my child need to bring to camp?
- Your camper should bring indoor shoes, lunch, 2-3 healthy snacks, a notebook, a pencil, their script, and a good attitude.
- Additionally, it's good to dress in layers.
Who do I call if I need to contact my child during camp?
- If you need to contact your child during camp you can call the theater at (802) 229-0492 or the stage manager's direct line if provided by staff.
What should I know about the performance?
- Performances for the Intermediate camps take place at 5:30 on the last day of camp. On this day you should pack an extra meal for your child as they will not be allowed to leave between camp and the performance.
- Performances for the Intense camps take place as noted in the information sheet you receive at the beginning of camp.
- Performances take place at Lost Nation Theater, Montpelier City Hall Arts Center
- Into Camps do not have public performances, but they do have "Sharing Presentations" for family and friends to provide a performance experience, without the extra pressure. Sharing presentations are typically scheduled for the last 30-45 minutes of the camp's final day and are followed by a small party and awards ceremony.
Who is supervising my child?
- Each camp has 1-3 instructors in addition to the Lost Nation Theater staff.
All Lost Nation Theater staff is First Aid/CPR trained and certified,
Kathleen Keenan is the designated safety officer for LNT.
Does any previous theatrical experience have to have been with Lost Nation Theater?
- For camps requiring previous experience, it does not have to be with LNT. Equivalent training from other programs or schools is sufficient.