#30 is Off & Headed to the Stars with Silent Sky
Lost Nation Theater's 30th Season at Montpelier City Hall Blasted Off with Silent Sky
Thursday's Preview Performance of Lauren Gunderson's Stunning Play Shot to the Stars!
And the Audience Shot to their feet for an immediate and prolonged
Standing Ovation at the End of the Play.
Plus, photographer Robert Eddy of First Light Studios captured these telling images of the show.
Our own "photographic plates" charting the story of the play!
What a wonderful way to begin our 30th Season - with a play that is and that celebrates the Best of what Theater Can Be -
and with an Audience who cheered the production team; who laughed - loudly; who winced when spirits were crushed; who talked back; who sighed at the beauty; and who sniffled a little too.
A theater and its cast could not ask for a more responsive audience the first time setting foot in front of them.
One Audience member, eyes glistening with tears, told artistic director Kathleen Keenan after the show that she had come because she thought it was important to support a woman's story, a story about a woman scientist even tho she expected the show to be somewhat dry & medicinal:
- "But it was incredible. I didn't expect to be so moved, or involved Or laugh so much. You know I come from Vergennes, and people ask me why I drive so far to see a show - and I tell them it's because you guys [LNT] do the best theater in the state. Thank you for bringing this new play to us."
Jamie Granfield emailed us this morning to say:
- "Thank you so much for putting on such a wonderful show. We LOVED it. The actors, Henrietta’s life story, the themes. We were moved. Jeez, we are so lucky to have LNT in our community"
On Facebook postings like this one are popping up:
- "Tonight's performance of "Silent Sky" was the opening of the 2018 LNT theater season, their 30th season! My husband and I were gifted season tickets by our children: a very lavish gift indeed. Every thing about this performance was excellent! The story itself is very moving, and I confess, I was close to tears by the end. The lighting, the music, the actors, and all the behind the scenes work are very appreciated. I recommend this play to all...it will fill your hearts. How I look forward to their next production!" - Kathy Meninge
- It's Excellent! - Patricia Morse
- I can only highly recommend that you not miss this wonderful play at Lost Nation Theater. Silent Sky gives a voice to woman's achievement that should have been shouted long ago. But it is done as a human drama with the pacing and involvement that comes with any good piece of theater. Its what the live stage does best, involve you in the characters and their inner lives.
GO SEE IT! - Dan Jones
Congratulations to our Silent Sky Ensemble:
G. Richard Ames, Kim Bent, Gregg Brevoort, Charis Churchill, John Paul Devlin, Emme Erdossy, Thomas Gunn, Kathleen Keenan, Simon Kennedy, Marissa Mattogno, Sarah Menard, Lindsey Newton, Eve Passeltiner*. David Schraffenberger, Tim Tavcar, Paul Trapani, Courtney Wood, and Ashley Rose Zoglman
Come See the Show! (Get Tickets Here)
Curtain is 7:30pm Thu-Sat; 2pm Sun thru May 6, 2018.
And Enjoy this photographic display courtesy of Robert Eddy, First Light Studios: